CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Borbor's Daughter



"My daughter Gudoye Borbor" (About the photographer:Borbor Bule (56)
Borbor is married with four sons and two daughters and lives in Dubek, a village in Dirre. He is known as the “walking encyclopedia” of Boran culture, a society which is highly democratic though patriarchal.
“This project is so important to me. I have acquired a new skill that I never even thought of in my life.”Borbor is educated and is called on by Boran leaders to help resolve cultural issues. He also works to spread the culture to anyone interested, so Ethiopia Lives is a perfect outlet.

My second daughter is married and has a 7 month old baby boy. She lives in Chorkassa, 80km from my home home town Dubluk. I have only visited her a couple of times since she married. I'd like to see her more but according to Boran tradition her in-laws treat me with great respect and slaughter a goat when I go. It would not be right to go too often.

0 comments: